Aquatic Pool Yoga
During the pandemic and beyond:
- The CDC and The WHO have agreed that exercising, playing or practicing Yoga in a pool will have positive benefits for your health. Precaution will be used out of the water (if fully vaxed, masks are optional, social distancing out of the pool is required). While in the water, during class masks are optional. We limit the number of students in the pool based on the actual venue and pool size.
Learn more about the benefits of the element of Ap - Water:
- What to expect, preparation before entering the water and also in the pool.
This ancient, classical Hatha practice is taught as:
- Level 1- Gentle Introduction for those seeking fun, relaxation, rejuvenation and optimal restorative healing.
- Level 2-3 Intermediate to the advanced student who wishes to learn more techniques for advancing a personal Yoga practice.
- We explore and re-discover poses such as Uthitta - (standing) Yoga asanas, Tula - (balance) poses, Utpatna - "weightlessness and flying" through the limited gravity and grace of water.
- Deeper Study
- Dhyana (Meditation) is taught before entering the water as well as
- Dhyana Ap - (Underwater Meditation).
Experience the Ancient Principles of Aquatic Pool Yoga:
- A rare opportunity to learn these therapeutic, restorative, healing benefits.
- The Practice and each Lesson in the pool is based upon the current Moon and Sun cycles.
- Great, restorative benefits for people suffering with anxiety, arthritis, MS and other issues.
- For the advanced Yogi or Yogini, with in-depth study, there is also the honoring the Divine Feminine, the Divine Masculine, The deity Hanuman and much more.
Teaching for over 24 years, Ren is a registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Therapist, writer, syndicated columnist and author. She has studied under many masters including, Yogi Bhajan, Swami Satchidinanda, Swami Anand Tathagat and Drunvalo Melchizedek. As Ren is a natural channel for Universal Source, she also teaches in the tradition of T. Krishnamacharya: Raja Vinyasa Yoga, Krama Yoga, the Aquatic Pool Yoga from The Yoga Korunta. She lives part time in Los Angeles and offers in-depth Teacher Training at several locations.
Classes are regularly offered throughout the year. Check this website for announcements and schedules. If you are interested in becoming certified as an Aquatic Yoga Instructor, contact Ren by phone or by email for details.
I have been blessed with Ren’s teachings of Aquatic Pool Yoga over the last 6 years. These inspiring teachings started at Mineral Hot Springs in Sky Valley, California and have continued since then in my sober living pools in La Quinta and Palm Desert. Her Aquatic Pool Yoga teachings bring healing, nurturing, and uplifting expansion to all involved. I have had the honor and privilege of assisting her classes at the Joshua Retreat Center at Bhakti Festivals and Shakti Festivals. - Bliss Wheeler, Founder, House of Bliss Sober Livings,
Palm Desert, California.